UPCOMING "OPEN TO THE PUBLIC" CLASSES:
**To register for a class below, contact us through the "contact us" page (3rd tab down from the top on the left side of the screen), send us an email, contact us by phone or register online (7th tab down from the top, "CPR, First Aid & Many Other Classes Available" on the left side of the screen).**
**If you aren't available for any of the classes below, you can complete the training online and then meet us for the mandatory hands-on practical skills portion. For more information, click on the 6th tab down from the top, "CPR, AED & First Aid Online Certification" on the left side of the screen.**
- American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI) CPR/AED/First Aid Class: Sunday October 26, 2014 at 10:30 am in Huntingtown, MD.
NOTE: The class start time has changed to 10:30 am; not the normal 10:00 am.
- Child & Babysitting Safety (CABS) Training: Sunday October 26, 2014 at 2:30 pm in Huntingtown, MD.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider Class: Monday November 17, 2014 at 4:30 pm in Huntingtown, MD.
- American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI) CPR/AED/First Aid Class: Sunday November 23, 2014 at 10 am in Huntingtown, MD.
- Child & Babysitting Safety (CABS) Training: Sunday November 23, 2014 at 2:30 pm in Huntingtown, MD.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider Class: Monday December 15, 2014 at 4:30 pm in Huntingtown, MD.
- American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI) CPR/AED/First Aid Class: Sunday December 28, 2014 at 10 am in Huntingtown, MD.
- Child & Babysitting Safety (CABS) Training: Sunday December 28, 2014 at 2:30 pm in Huntingtown, MD.
In addition to our monthly "open to the public" classes for individuals & very small groups, find the right solutions to certifying your employees with the services from Southern MD CPR & First Aid Training™ based in Huntingtown, MD. We specialize in providing a unique approach of TRAVELING TO YOU (if requested). No location is too far! We are based in Southern MD but regularly teach throughout the state of Maryland (including Annapolis & Baltimore), Washington DC & Northern Virginia. We thrive on providing you, the customer with the BEST training possible. We will travel to your business, group, home, church, etc and certify everybody whether the class size is 1-50 people in CPR, AED, Basic First Aid, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Wilderness First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogen/Infectious Control, Child & Babysitting Safety (CABS) training, etc and many other valuable life-saving classes. Interested, in purchasing a defibrillator (AED)? Southern MD CPR & First Aid Training™ is a distributor and can meet your needs!
With 18 years of experience in the Fire-Rescue-EMS service, owner, Jonathan Riffe and his support Instructors has performed CPR on hundreds of people over the course of their careers. Their training classes include information and "real life, street smart skills" that you will NEVER find in any training DVD. Their Instructors have received numerous life-saving awards for persons lives they have saved due to them suffering a cardiac arrest. Once you complete the class, you will leave 100% confident in your skill levels. For a list of references, please contact us.
Benefits of being trained in CPR:
- Saving a life and being a hero
- Possible reduction in insurance premium
- Early CPR within 3-5 minutes after collapse can result in high long-term survival rates
- The value of early CPR by bystanders is that it "buys time" by maintaining blood flow and oxygen to the heart and brain during a cardiac arrest
Benefits of being trained in First Aid:
First aid is essential in emergency cases. Knowing what action needs to be taken to control an emergency can make the difference between life and death. Emergencies occur all around us, in all spheres of life. Someone may be injured at work, school or at home. When this happens, first aid basics will equip anyone around the injured person to reduce the danger posed by the accident.
For example, if a child breaks a limb during play time at school, an attending teacher may perform first aid to help reset the bones and reduce any pain and discomfort the child may be experiencing. In cases where the injury causes profuse bleeding, first aid is necessary to reduce the chances of extensive blood loss. Ambulances hardly arrive immediately, and first aid makes all the difference in the time it takes the ambulance to arrive.
Each business is different and our customized approach, tailored to individual needs, allows us to create achievable goals that are based on your lifestyle and working environment. At Southern MD CPR & First Aid Training™, we use the most modern protocols. Our instructors are committed to helping you make the changes in your business. To ensure we meet the needs of everybody, we are COMAR certified through the State of Maryland (for childcare providers) as well as being trained and certified to teach classes through:
- American Heart Association (AHA)
- American National Red Cross
- American Safety & Health Institute (ASHI)
- Emergency Care & Safety Institute (ECSI)
- National Safety Council
Contact us today for more information.